Pages

Sunday 15 February 2015

A week of good things

A day sewing in my studio makes me very happy.  Being part of the Six Items Challenge  was a good excuse to get some done.  It's amazing how difficult I found it, even with a bulging wardrobe,  to find six items of clothing that all coordinate and allow as much variety as possible when it comes to mixing and matching.  My solution was 5 items from my wardrobe and a new skirt made entirely out of stash materials.  There will be more details about the challenge on here on Tuesday, including how you may be involved and the full reveal of my new skirt, meanwhile here are some shots of the process.

On the cutting table

Double needle stitching is perfect for stretch fabrics

I wondered if I might go bright with the top stitching

Lapped seams (more about this later)

And hand finishing



No comments: