Pages

Monday 12 May 2014

The 5th Annual Knitting & Crochet Blog Week 2014 - A Day in The life of...

Knitting & Crochet Blog Week is the idea of Mimi of Eskimimi Makes.  Mimi sets a series of challenges, a topic for each day of the week.  Quite a challenge!  I took part a couple of weeks ago and am going to give it another go this year.  So here we go...

A day in the life of my favourite shawl


It's called Blight -  knitted for a dare, well a KAL actually about 2 years ago.  I knitted fast and furious for nearly week and because I was the fourth to finish I won a prize, a skein of yarn sent all the way from NYC.  I still have the yarn, ear-marked for another shawl but never quite got around to winding the skein and casting on.


The yarn is yarnscape's  beautiful  Wintersea.  I am a tad proud of the shawl it was my first attempt at lace and I wear it often but since I bought this beautiful pyrex shawl pin at Wonderwool



I have worn it constantly.  Even today


WHEN I WAS PAINTING THE BOXES FOR MY STUDIO.  Madness - I am a messy painter, I could have spoilt it, but luckily I didn't.

So this Day in the Life of my Blight was a risky one, but luckily no harm done.

xx

C

1 comment:

Jodiebodie said...

I love your shawl pin - I have never seen one like that before and I didn't know they were made of pyrex. It is perfectly coloured to match your favourite shawl. I would never have guessed that it was your first attempt at a lace shawl if you hadn't said so. Beautiful work.