Pages

Tuesday, 2 July 2013

Back on track

Although I am still sewing up blankets from the BIG Knit and have my eye on a couple of gorgeous stash projects I have just got one or two other plans for the needles




Look! I even swatched.  I am hoping this will be a super quick little project, its Flow by Nora Gaughan although you probably won't be surprised to know that I'm modifying it a little.  My 'Flo' will be straight and boxy, sitting on my hips but not flowing over them (too much frillyness in this style for my size).  I also discovered from my swatch <<smug face>> that the tension I get with the Rowan Savannah is about 12% larger than the pattern so, as it is a very simple shape, I am just making it in a size smaller (a little bit of denial there too).


Do you see my pretty stitch marker?  Lots of plain knitting until I reach the armholes, ideal for Wimbledon watching.

I scored the yarn in the Liberty sale, at half price I had to have it.  And a second bundle in a different colour.


This is destined to be a short sleeved cardigan that I have designed myself.  So far I have made it up in Daphne's size (she is The Little Model's favourite doll)


When I make it for me I shall make the body slightly longer.  Cast on at one front edge, all garter stitch, short row yoke , button hole, cast off.  Should be easy!

But I must get back to the blankets - I'm enjoying them really.  And it seems I am not the only one in my town busy with knitted squares



xx

C

2 comments:

Anita said...

Hi Catherine,
Love the tones of your yarns. That is a cute little cardigan too. I love the lastest fashion these days with the knitted squares, what fun.
Cheers, Anita.

Annie @ knitsofacto said...

What great sale bargains! And I'm sure your modifications will make your Flow just right for you. I think being able to adapt and adjust to suit our individual body shapes and our personal style is one of the best things about knitting :)